Juvenile Defense

All states, including Tennessee, have special courts for minors who break the law. Instead of being charged with an adult crime and tried in a criminal court, minors are charged with a delinquency and tried in a juvenile court.

Although juvenile offenses are not typically as serious as an adult crime, proper representation for juveniles charged with delinquencies is still recommended. Attorney John P. Cauley is experienced in this practice area, and he is here to help minors facing charges in Franklin, Nashville, Centerville, Columbia, Dickson, Lewisburg and other parts of Tennessee.

About Juvenile Offenses in Tennessee

In Tennessee, a minor may be charged with a variety of different offenses, including:

  • Theft
  • Truancy
  • Trespassing
  • Assault
  • Vandalism
  • Possession of drugs or alcohol
  • DUI
  • Traffic Offenses
  • Public intoxication
  • and more

If convicted, the court may impose various punishments, depending on the severity of the crime, the minor’s history and other factors. Punishments may include time spent in a juvenile detention facility, mandatory completion of a treatment program, probation and/or community service. Punishments are often more severe for minors who have committed offenses in the past.

Hiring a Franklin Juvenile Defense Lawyer

If your child has been accused of a juvenile offense in Franklin or the surrounding area, you need to a skilled juvenile lawyer on your side. A qualified attorney who has experience in this practice area can interpret the law as it applies to your child’s case, help you and your child understand the charges laid against you and thoroughly explain your options. Your attorney will also represent the minor in court and be by your side until the case is closed.

Attorney John P. Cauley has been practicing law in Nashville and the surrounding area since 1994. He understands juvenile law in Tennessee, and he can help you get the best possible results in your case. Depending on the situation, Attorney Cauley can help your child defend him or herself in juvenile court, reduce the severity of the offense and/or lessen the sentence if the child is convicted.

To discuss your case or schedule a consultation, contact the office of John P. Cauley today.

Ratings and Reviews

John CauleyReviewsout of reviews